As we approach the return to athletic workouts and fall participation, we want to remind everyone of the processes that must be completed. At this time, we do not have a time frame for returning but we are hoping that we can do so soon. We are encouraging all our student-athletes, cheerleaders, band and JROTC students to do the following:
- Florida state statute and FHSAA requires all students to have a current physical on file with the school. Physicals are valid for one (1) year (365 days). You may check with Mrs. Polazzo or your coach to see the date your physical expires to see if you need a new one. At this time, we anticipate being able to do our physical date some time in July due to Covid19 concerns with large indoor groups. The current physical form needed by FHSAA, the EL 2, is available at this link https://onelecanto.com/athletic-participation-forms/
- All students must register on AthleticClearance.com. During this process, be sure to fill out all sections in order to be cleared for workouts. This will include eSigning your EL 3 and the CCSB forms. Be sure that you provide emergency contact information in the required section. You will also be asked at the end of the process to check any sports you may be interested in playing.
- Provide a copy of your current health insurance card to Mrs. Polazzo. You may photograph, copy or present the card when you turn in your new physical to her office.
- If you are a incoming 9th grader or new to Lecanto High School, we need a copy of your birth certificate. Again, a photograph or copy will be sufficient to give to Mrs. Polazzo.
- Once we have all this information, we will check GPA for each student and declare eligibility. All student-athletes must have a 2.0 unweighted cumulative GPA in order to be eligible.
Athletes need to view the mandatory videos at this time and present their certificates to our office. The videos that are required can be found at https://nfhslearn.com/ Student-athletes must watch the following videos before participation in their first practice: Concussion for Students, Heat Illness Prevention, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Upon completion of each video, there is a brief quiz and then they can save the completion certificate as a PDF file . These certificates can be sent to Mrs. Polazzo at PolazzoH@citrusschools.org or Mr. Allan at Allanr@citrusschools.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Ron Allan at AllanR@citrusschools.org or Helene Polazzo at PolazzoH@citrusschools.org.